Invitation to Jump to Science Summer Camp Applicants
Jump-to-Science Summer Camp 2008
- Let's experience scientific practice touching and hearing without using vision,
- Let's gain skills and information to
learn in scientific fields,
- Let's communicate with other students with visual disabilities from different area of Japan.
The camp is full of various workshops to encourage your interest towards science, including craftworks and laboratory experimentations, and operation of information tools (from the introduction of audio computer to reading/writing technical documents) necessary to study science areas. Each class will work in small groups. Instructors are experts in teaching visually disabled students, and experienced supporters will provide strong backup. We are also planning to have time to enjoy tactile paintings, fossils, models and samples, and special workshops for parentss. Many of our executive committee members with visual disabilities may become good mentors and friends of students as well as other peer participants.
We look forward to accepting many proactive participants.
- Date: 18:00 Friday, August 22 ~ 12:00 Monday, August 25, 2008
- Location: National Social Welfare Center for People with Disabilities, Toyama Sunrise (Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo)
- Participant: Junior-high and high school student with severe visual disability,
Have interest in science (math, information, natural science, engineering, medicine, physical medicine).
College students considered.
- Capacity: Students with visual disability-15, Accompanied person (teacher or parent)-15
- Cost for transportation and accommodation: The round trip cost for student and accompanied person and accommodation (3 days) will be paid by our organization. Meals are at your own expense.
- Cost: 10,000 yen per participant (student/parent)
- Program: please check the following brochure
- Application period: April 15 ~ May 15, 2008
- How to apply: Mail the attached form, or go to the following website
- More info: http://www.sciaccess.net/JSSC2008/
Organizer: Jump to Science Summer Camp